Furnaces / Space Heaters
- Install and maintain heating equipment correctly. Have your furnace inspected and cleaned by a professional prior to the start of every heating season.
- Keep space heaters at least three feet away from anything that can burn, including the wall.
- When purchasing heaters, choose devices with automatic shut-off features.
- Portable space heaters should be turned off every time you leave a room or go to bed.
- Never use your gas oven or stove to heat your home.
- Do not use propane heaters indoors.
- Extension cords should never be used with electrical space heaters.